My name is Sterling, I'm 22-years-old, and I am the birthmother to the most gorgeous little boy in the world. I started this blog to share my experiences, thoughts, and help myself move forward after placing my sweet little boy. If this is your first time visiting my blog, I invite you to read my story (top of the left column). Feel free to comment with questions or requests. If you follow me, I'll follow you!

Friday, March 12, 2010

My Son

To Dave and Amy... My son awakens in the morning. He is welcomed to the new day... By arms That are not mine.
My son cries from hunger. He is fed & nourished... By hands That are not mine. My son is tired. He is rocked to sleep ... By hands That are not mine. My son is wet. He is changed... By hands That are not mine. My son is laughing. He is amused by a toy that is held... By hands That are not mine. My son cries & then feels loved. He is held & comforted... By arms That are not mine. I miss & long for my son. But I am so unspeakably thankful For arms... & hands... That are not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails