My name is Sterling, I'm 22-years-old, and I am the birthmother to the most gorgeous little boy in the world. I started this blog to share my experiences, thoughts, and help myself move forward after placing my sweet little boy. If this is your first time visiting my blog, I invite you to read my story (top of the left column). Feel free to comment with questions or requests. If you follow me, I'll follow you!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Stats

Date of last menstual period: May 12, 2009 Date of conception: May 22, 2009 Gestation age: almost 9 weeks Fetal age: 7.5 weeks Positive pregnancy test: June 14, 2009 Told Ben: June 14, 2009 Told rest of family: Over the next two weeks. First Dr. Appointment: June 30, 2009 (saw embryonic sac and possible heartbeat!) Gender Guess(es): Sterling - Girl Meme - Boy Sisters - Boy Brothers - Boy Parents - Girl Ben - Not sure yet So right now he/she still looks like a sea-monkey... but that's okay! This little life inside of me is truly a miracle. My next Dr. appointment is on July 21, and hopefully Ben will be with me. We will (hopefully) be able to hear the heartbeat, and actually see the tiny beginning (estimated at about 3/4 of an inch from crown to rump right now, about 1.5 inches crown to rump at the appointment). Emotionally this is really difficult. I'm dealing with losing Ben, who is also my best friend, knowing I'm pregnant out of wedlock, and going through the repentance process all at once. It's difficult, and I'll admit that I'm a basket case most of the time. But I'm trying to be strong. I know so many women have been through worse, with no family support, so I know that I can do this. I'm transferring to Weber State University so that I can live at home during this pregnancy, and probably beyond. Ben will return to Utah State University (where we met). It hurts so much that we're actually splitting over this... but maybe it will be for the best. I have to keep hoping that I will find happiness someday with someone who loves me, knowing about all that is about to happen, and will still want to be with me for eternity. Although I can't imagine anyone except Ben right now, I have to keep my hope alive... after all, what else do I have? I've started referring to my baby as Angela Dupre - Angie for short - a name Ben and I had talked about a few months ago. Angela in memory of his sister who passed away in infancy, and Dupre for my mother's maiden name. I know that I may not have a choice on his/her name if I place him/her for adoption, but it's better than calling him/her bean or sea-monkay. If it's a boy... well, we'll figure that out if it happens. I don't care as long as this baby is healthy. No more diet coke, no more crap food (okay, maybe a few cookies!), and no more staying up all night (unless I'm blogging...???).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails