My name is Sterling, I'm 22-years-old, and I am the birthmother to the most gorgeous little boy in the world. I started this blog to share my experiences, thoughts, and help myself move forward after placing my sweet little boy. If this is your first time visiting my blog, I invite you to read my story (top of the left column). Feel free to comment with questions or requests. If you follow me, I'll follow you!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Heaven help me

Remember Road 1 and Road 2? This is more difficult than I thought it would be... I've always prided myself on being strong and brave, but the one thing I can't seem to be strong or brave enough about is walking away. I'm still clinging to something that doesn't love me back.. Though my heart is breaking, I know it's the only one that is.

"Close my eyes and I count to ten, everything will be wonderful again..."

How do you survive a broken heart? The movies and books make it seem so easy...

3 comments:

  1. YOu learn to accept the things that you cannot change, and then go on from there. It will be a long process, one that has not guidebook or white or black answer. Cry when you need to. Scream when you need to. Sit alone when you need to. Do all the things that will help your heart right now and worry about the big picture later.

    And most of all, love yourself! It is how you see you that matters, nothing else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a long process. I'm here if and when you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kelsey. My father-in-law told me a long time ago to look at a situation that is bothering me and see if there is anything I can do to change it. If so, do it. If not, continue on with my life. I know it's easier said than done! But it really has helped me through some tough times. I also agree that you MUST love yourself before you can open yourself up to be loved. You are WONDERFUL and strong and I love you. Hang in there Sterling, as I'm always telling my Paige...the best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails