My name is Sterling, I'm 22-years-old, and I am the birthmother to the most gorgeous little boy in the world. I started this blog to share my experiences, thoughts, and help myself move forward after placing my sweet little boy. If this is your first time visiting my blog, I invite you to read my story (top of the left column). Feel free to comment with questions or requests. If you follow me, I'll follow you!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

One year. Wow! I already mentioned this on my Facebook page, but this is the one-year anniversary of announcing to David and Amy that their little angel would be joining their family. I can hardly believe it's been a year.

Right now, I'm watching "White Christmas" with my momma and drinking honey-lemon tea. I'm one of those lucky people who decided to get a beast of a chest cold just in time for Christmas. Yay me!

I'm still not sure exactly how Christmas will be this year. Last year, we had five people on Christmas morning. This year, we will have two. Lynn is not here in person. My prayer is that he is here, for my mom's sake, in spirit. We'll be spending time with his side of the family tomorrow, and that will be very healing.

On Wednesday I saw David, Amy and Bo. It was so wonderful! We went to lunch, went to support group (he was the star of the show!), then went to see my Meme (grandmother). I made a huge step, though! I didn't cry when we parted, and I didn't feel the need to cry. Yes, it may have something to do with knowing that I'll see them next week, but still! It's not an unbearable ache to hold him in my arms forever. I still miss him terribly, but each time I see the three of them together I am more reassured that he is THEIRS. It makes me so happy.

And seriously... he is the most beautiful child. I'll post pictures later.

For now, Merry Christmas, everyone. My prayers are with all of you tonight. May happiness and joy be yours this Christmas season!

1 comment:

  1. so glad you got to see him! hope your Christmas was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails